The finale of the 2018 Melbourne Cup Carnival - one of the very best days for fun, family and value. You might be tired from a week of racing, too much drinking or socialising however Seppelt Wines Stakes Day provides great racing and social entertainment for a family day out.
The racing continues with two Group 1 races highlighted by the $2 million LKS Mackinnon Stakes - the best weight for age race for middle distance horses. You will see some of the very best race horses in the country.
The day is a more laid back feel focused on families - food stalls, kids entertainment and Fashions on the Field for girls and boys. For the Adults, it is one of the best value days of the carnival with some amazing on track experiences and hospitality at a more affordable price range. For corporates, this is a fantastic day to entertain clients with their families or in a more relaxed and social setting.
The Fashions on the Field for boys and girls sets the stage for future fashion trendsetters with excitement and energy. A day of fun and excitement is matched in fashion with the crown jewel being the announcement of the Myer Fashions on Field Winner while the celebrities are out in force in private marquees and throughout the racecourse.
Have you thought about this?
For those who are on a budget or looking to maximise their racing experience this year, more racegoers are looking at Seppelt WInes Stakes Day as the day to invite those special clients or share with friends and indulge in some of the more premium yet affordable hospitality experiences to make it a special experience. Some of the Hospitality Packages offer the premium dining, location and service and the best that Flemington Racecourse has to offer (and at half the price in some cases!). Our pick has to be the Rose Room at $550 per person. There is no discounted experience though, Seppelt Wines Stakes Day at Flemington is outstanding.
We have summarised the range of options to help you make the most of your 2018 Seppelt Wines Stakes Day experience this year.
• The Terrace Restaurant - Incredible dining, amazing views, unforgettable experience. From $700 per person View Here
• The Rose Room - beautiful and exclusive, breathtaking views in front of the winning post, fine dining experience. From $550 per person View Here
• Skyline Restaurant - elevated view of the racecourse, premium dining with waiter service with reserved seats in the Hill Stand to watch the action. From $450 per person View Here
• The Stayers Lounge – Elevated Facilities with covered balconies, Premium Grazing and Beverages, Live entertainment - the complete hospitality package. From $475 per person View Here
• Makybe Diva Marquee - central location, allows you to socialise and soak up the atmosphere, plated lunch, beverages and reserved seat in the Lawn stand. From $425 per person View Here
• The Parade Lounge - direct view of the Parade Ring and Straight, this is a brilliant location for the horse racing fan, a unique Melbourne Cup Carnival experience. From $470 per person View Here
• Private Marquee - if you are looking for a high impact client entertainment experience that caters to your clients and partners, a private marquee for VRC Stakes Day will be a hot ticket. Limited availability and is available for groups of 50 attendees or more. Contact Us for further information.
How to Get There
Train information is released closer to the raceday.
All train services are wheelchair accessible and passengers who need help boarding trains should wait on the platform near the front of the train.
Non-racedays: Catch a train to Newmarket station (Craigieburn line) and then either walk (10mins) or take the No. 57 tram to Flemington Drive (stop 30).
From the corner of Elizabeth Street and Flinders Street catch the No. 57 West Maribyrnong tram to Flemington Drive (stop 30).
Please note, low-floor trams do not run on Route 57 and it is therefore recommended passengers using a mobility aid should catch the train to the racecourse.
Route 472 bus from Williamstown, Footscray or Moonee Ponds to Fisher Parade. Enter Flemington Racecourse via Riverbank entrance.
Route 404 bus from Footscray or Moonee Ponds to Smithfield Road. Enter Flemington Racecourse via Stables Drive entrance.
To go in style consider Helicopter Transfers from Melbourne CBD and be dropped directly onto Flemington Racecourse. This is becoming quite an attractive transportation experience for corporates entertaining clients or for individuals wanting to make it memorable experience. Visit Melbourne Helicopters or contact us to assist in arranging for you.
Ferry services for private groups operate from the city centre to Flemington along the Maribyrnong River. Visit City River Cruises or contact us to assist in arranging for you.
TIXSTAR is your destination for premium sports & entertainment experiences - find the best range of Melbourne Cup Carnival Packages, travel and accommodation packages, Hospitality Packages and Private Marquees in one place.
The 2018 Melbourne Cup Carnival Dates:
• DAY 1 Saturday – AAMI Victoria Derby Day - November 3 - Package Options Here
• DAY 2 Tuesday – Lexus Melbourne Cup Day November 6 - Package Options Here
• DAY 3 Thursday – Kennedy Oaks Day November 8 - Package Options Here
• DAY 4 Saturday - Stakes Day November 10 - Package Options Here