Spring time in Melbourne is without doubt a time to be out and about. Spring time is also the time to be at the races - most importantly it’s a time for fashion and being part of the spectacular Melbourne Cup Carnival, attended by racegoers and socialites every year.
The Melbourne Cup Carnival is one of the most famous and highly anticipated sporting events in the world, bringing together entertainment, fashion, world-class racing, food and wine. Held across four racedays during 1 week at Flemington Racecourse, the Carnival provides something for everybody.
The world-renowned Lexus Melbourne Cup, the race that stops a nation™, is the crown jewel of the Carnival. However, AAMI Victoria Derby Day is widely viewed as the best day of pure racing on the calendar, while Kennedy Oaks and Stakes days each provide outstanding value - a chance to be social as Melbourne stops to embrace racing fever. Hundreds of thousands of people attend each year and enjoy premium hospitality, trackside views and VIP service.
Numerous facilities with great track views provide the ideal platform for friends and families, corporate entertainment and celebrity spotting. Thousands of interstate and international visitors flock to Melbourne just to experience the renowned Carnival either in private marquees, The Birdcage, syndicated hospitality facilities, dining and restaurants or trackside lawns.
Some amazing options for all race days include:
• The Terrace Restaurant - Incredible dining, amazing views, unforgettable experience.
• The Rose Room - beautiful and exclusive, breathtaking views in front of the winning post, fine dining experience.
• Skyline Restaurant - elevated view of the racecourse, premium dining with waiter service with reserved seats in the Hill Stand to watch the action.
• The Stayers Lounge – Elevated Facilities with covered balconies, Premium Grazing and Beverages, Live entertainment - the complete hospitality package
• Makybe Diva Marquee - central location, allows you to socialise and soak up the atmosphere, plated lunch, beverages and reserved seat in the Lawn stand.
• The Parade Lounge - direct view of the Parade Ring and Straight, this is a brilliant location for the horse racing fan, a unique Melbourne Cup experience
Dress to Impress
Many racegoers treat fashion on the field seriously, spending their hard-earned on suits, shoes, dresses, hats and handbags. Dress up with your friends, colleagues or clients - choose your day, theme and dress to impress.
With various colour themes synonymous with each race day, it’s important to be prepared and do your research! The sun is out (most of time, although Melbourne is known to have 4-seasons in one day!), there are thousands of people in a festival atmosphere and it is party time. Patrons attending the Carnival are there to socialise, have fun and enjoy themselves.
An Experience to consider
Stakes Day is the last day of the Carnival and arguably one of the best value days you can experience. Traditionally popular with families, it has also developed into a fantastic action packed day for corporates. Add in great racing and a celebratory and relaxed atmosphere it’s a perfect day to end a wonderful week of racing.
You will find Stakes Day Hospitality Packages and Marquee options offer amazing value. You can experience everything the Melbourne Cup Carnival has to offer and do so within an affordable price range, with the same spectacular views and access, same premium food & beverages, same great service and same outstanding experience.
The Melbourne Cup Carnival is an experience not to be missed!
TIXSTAR is your destination for premium sports & entertainment experiences - find the best range of Melbourne Cup Carnival Packages, travel and accommodation packages, Hospitality Packages and Private Marquees in one place.
The Melbourne Cup Carnival Dates: