The Spring Racing Carnival heats up when racing arrives at Flemington, where the Melbourne Cup Carnival begins on the one of the best days of racing, glamour and entertainment. AAMI Victoria Derby Day is one of the most popular race days on the calendar - world class racing highlighted by the Derby, energetic racegoers, high-level fashion and entertainment. There will excitement in the air when Derby Day arrives on Saturday 3rd November this year.
Crowds will flock to Flemington Racecourse for the first of the four days of racing, fashion, food & wine and entertainment. It is estimated that the 2018 Melbourne Cup Carnival contributes over $450m to the Victorian state economy annually.
The quality of racing cannot be understated this year - Nine Group Races, four of those that are considered the best of the best at Group 1 level. The feature Group 1 AAMI Victoria Derby remains the nation’s best race for three year olds and is worth over $2 million.
Fashion remains a key part of the prestigious day with the MYER Fashions on the Field a popular showcase of the latest on track fashion. Black, White and Grey dominate the colour scheme for both ladies and men.
In 2017, Derby Day was the most stylish day of the year and again celebrities will be out in force in the most popular marquees and on-track locations. Last year saw the likes of Usain Bolt, Melissa George, Rebecca Judd, Karl Stefanovic patron the great event and of course the former Miss Universe (plural), Jennifer Hawkins and Rachael Finch, amongst others.
Experience in Style
The options are endless for such a prestigious and sought after event on the social calendar. The day is as much about fun, fashion, entertainment and food & wine as it is about racing. We have summarised the range of options to help you make the most of your AAMI Victoria Derby experience this year.
• The Terrace Restaurant - Incredible dining, amazing views, unforgettable experience. From $1,750 per person - View Here
• The Rose Room - Beautiful and exclusive, breathtaking views in front of the winning post, fine dining experience. From $1,125 per person - View Here
• Skyline Restaurant - Elevated view of the racecourse, premium dining with waiter service with reserved seats in the Hill Stand to watch the action. From $825 per person - View Here
• The Stayers Lounge – Elevated Facilities with covered balconies, Premium Grazing and Beverages, Live entertainment - the complete hospitality package. From $850 per person - View Here
• Makybe Diva Marquee - Central location, allows you to socialise and soak up the atmosphere, plated lunch, beverages and reserved seat in the Lawn stand. From $725 per person - View Here
• The Parade Lounge - Direct view of the Parade Ring and Straight, this is a brilliant location for the horse racing fan, a unique Melbourne Cup experience. From $725 per person - View Here
• Private Marquee - If you are looking for a high impact client entertainment experience that caters to your clients and partners, a private marquee for Derby Day will be a hot ticket. Limited availability and is available for groups of 50 attendees or more. Contact Us for further information.
How to Get There
Train information is released closer to the race day.
All train services are wheelchair accessible and passengers who need help boarding trains should wait on the platform near the front of the train.
Non-racedays: Catch a train to Newmarket station (Craigieburn line) and then either walk (10mins) or take the No. 57 tram to Flemington Drive (stop 30).
From the corner of Elizabeth Street and Flinders Street catch the No. 57 West Maribyrnong tram to Flemington Drive (stop 30).
Please note, low-floor trams do not run on Route 57 and it is therefore recommended passengers using a mobility aid should catch the train to the racecourse.
Route 472 bus from Williamstown, Footscray or Moonee Ponds to Fisher Parade. Enter Flemington Racecourse via Riverbank entrance.
Route 404 bus from Footscray or Moonee Ponds to Smithfield Road. Enter Flemington Racecourse via Stables Drive entrance.
To go in style consider Helicopter Transfers from Melbourne CBD and be dropped directly onto Flemington Racecourse. This is becoming quite an attractive transportation experience for corporates entertaining clients or for individuals wanting to make it memorable experience. Visit Melbourne Helicopters or contact us to assist in arranging for you.
Ferry services for private groups operate from the city centre to Flemington along the Maribyrnong River. Visit City River Cruises or contact us to assist in arranging for you.
TIXSTAR is your destination for premium sports & entertainment experiences - find the best range of Melbourne Cup Carnival Packages, travel and accommodation packages, Hospitality Packages and Private Marquees in one place.
The 2018 Melbourne Cup Carnival Dates:
• DAY 1 Saturday – AAMI Victoria Derby Day - November 3 - Package Options Here
• DAY 2 Tuesday – Lexus Melbourne Cup Day November 6 - Package Options Here
• DAY 3 Thursday – Kennedy Oaks Day November 8 - Package Options Here
• DAY 4 Saturday - Stakes Day November 10 - Package Options Here