Historically, Kennedy Oaks Day is a celebration of racing and style, held mid-week to get away from the normal working routine. Fashion remains at the forefront for both ladies and men with a more adventurous style that is colourful, bold and ambitious. It is the day the winner of MYER Fashions on the Field is announced.
From a pure racing perspective, the $1 million Group 1 Kennedy Oaks is the highlight where the best three-year-old fillies come together to vie for the Oaks crown.
Kennedy Oaks Day is a popular occasion for corporates and businesses entertaining or rewarding their most valued customers. Mid-week, easier to get their clients to attend and importantly involving partners in a celebratory atmosphere. It is the third day of the Melbourne Cup Carnival following Melbourne Cup Day and is always one of the highlights on the calendar.
Bold Colours are the order of the day. Kennedy Oaks Day Fashion remains one of the most important race days on the fashion calendar with many racegoers stepping out in a day of fashion expression. A day of fun and excitement is matched with the crown jewel of fashion, the announcement of the Myer Fashions on Field Winner, while the celebrities are out in force in private marquees and throughout the racecourse.
The official flower of Oaks Day is the pink rose and can be purchased from flower sellers near the entrances, upon arrival to Flemington.
Experience in Style
It is one of the best experiences if you love the best of racing, fashion, food and glamour. Kennedy Oaks Day brings out the best of the carnival and is better than spending the day at 'work' or in the office! Some are lucky enough to call this work as well...
We have summarised the range of options to help you make the most of your 2018 Kennedy Oaks Day experience this year.
• The Terrace Restaurant - Incredible dining, amazing views, unforgettable experience. From $1,400 per person - View Here
• The Rose Room - beautiful and exclusive, breathtaking views in front of the winning post, fine dining experience. From $950 per person - View Here
• Skyline Restaurant - elevated view of the racecourse, premium dining with waiter service with reserved seats in the Hill Stand to watch the action. From $625 per person - View Here
• The Stayers Lounge – Elevated Facilities with covered balconies, Premium Grazing and Beverages, Live entertainment - the complete hospitality package. From $700 per person - View Here
• Makybe Diva Marquee - central location, allows you to socialise and soak up the atmosphere, plated lunch, beverages and reserved seat in the Lawn stand. From $600 per person - View Here
• The Parade Lounge - direct view of the Parade Ring and Straight, this is a brilliant location for the horse racing fan, a unique Melbourne Cup experience. From $580 per person - View Here
• Private Marquee - if you are looking for a high impact client entertainment experience that caters to your clients and partners, a private marquee for Kennedy Oaks Day will be a hot ticket. Limited availability and is available for groups of 50 attendees or more. Contact Us for further information.
How to Get There
Train information is released closer to the raceday.
All train services are wheelchair accessible and passengers who need help boarding trains should wait on the platform near the front of the train.
Non-racedays: Catch a train to Newmarket station (Craigieburn line) and then either walk (10mins) or take the No. 57 tram to Flemington Drive (stop 30).
From the corner of Elizabeth Street and Flinders Street catch the No. 57 West Maribyrnong tram to Flemington Drive (stop 30).
Please note, low-floor trams do not run on Route 57 and it is therefore recommended passengers using a mobility aid should catch the train to the racecourse.
Route 472 bus from Williamstown, Footscray or Moonee Ponds to Fisher Parade. Enter Flemington Racecourse via Riverbank entrance.
Route 404 bus from Footscray or Moonee Ponds to Smithfield Road. Enter Flemington Racecourse via Stables Drive entrance.
To go in style consider Helicopter Transfers from Melbourne CBD and be dropped directly onto Flemington Racecourse. This is becoming quite an attractive transportation experience for corporates entertaining clients or for individuals wanting to make it memorable experience. VisitMelbourne Helicopters or contact us to assist in arranging for you.
Ferry services for private groups operate from the city centre to Flemington along the Maribyrnong River. Visit City River Cruises or contact us to assist in arranging for you.
TIXSTAR is your destination for premium sports & entertainment experiences - find the best range of Melbourne Cup Carnival Packages, travel and accommodation packages, Hospitality Packages and Private Marquees in one place.
The 2018 Melbourne Cup Carnival Dates:
• DAY 1 Saturday – AAMI Victoria Derby Day - November 3 - Package Options Here
• DAY 2 Tuesday – Lexus Melbourne Cup Day November 6 - Package Options Here
• DAY 3 Thursday – Kennedy Oaks Day November 8 - Package Options Here
• DAY 4 Saturday - Stakes Day November 10 - Package Options Here