To those native to the state of Victoria, horse racing in the springtime is synonymous with Melbourne as some of the biggest races in the world take place at Flemington, Moonee Valley & Caulfield racecourses. Yet north of the border, Sydney and specifically the Australian Turf Club put on an equally impressive array of races throughout the carnival.
The Everest Carnival is a six-week festival full of fashion, colour and outstanding horse racing. Hosted between flagship racecourses, Royal Randwick and Rosehill Gardens, anticipation is building for 2018’s Carnival. With world-class racing, live entertainment, pop-up bars, DJ’s and award-winning hospitality, the Everest Carnival must be experienced.
Royal Randwick is the jewel in the crown of Sydney racing. Located a stone’s throw away from the Sydney CBD, this centrally-located racecourse comes to life during the Everest Carnival. Home to the some of the biggest races of the year including the world’s richest race on turf - The Everest, Royal Randwick is a truly world-class racing venue. With over 30 bars and restaurants, including the Grandview Restaurant, Royal Randwick boasts cutting edge facilities for members and racing punters.
Rosehill Gardens, located west of Sydney’s centre, is another world class racing track. The racecourse provides a unique and majestic background for a day out enjoying one of Australia’s favourite past times. Experiences ranging from the Ascot Restaurant, Open Terraces and The Hive Restaurant make Rosehill a five-star location for all things racing hospitality to suit any budget.
TAB Epsom Day is Everest Carnival’s biggest day of Group 1 racing with three Group 1 races. Headlined by the $1 million Group 1 TAB Epsom, the day boasts millions in prize money. Falling on AFL Grand Final Day, attendees won’t miss any of the action with a live broadcast of the big game. Celebrate one of the biggest sporting weekends on the Australian sporting calendar and be at Royal Randwick for a day of world-class horse racing and live entertainment.
For all Everest Carnival dates and more information on what is available at each day, please click your preferred race day below.
• Run to the Rose Day – Saturday 8 September, Rosehill Gardens
• Colgate Optic White Stakes Day – Saturday 15 September, Royal Randwick
• De Bortoli Wines Golden Rose Day – Saturday 22 September, Rosehill Gardens
• TAB Epsom Day – Saturday 29 September, Royal Randwick
• Moet and Chandon Spring Champion Stakes Day – Saturday 6 October, Royal Randwick
• The Everest – Saturday 13 October, Royal Randwick
• Spring Racing on City Tattersalls Club Cup Day – Saturday 20 October, Royal Randwick
• Spring Racing on Cox Plate Day – Saturday 27 October, Royal Randwick
• Spring Racing on Derby Day – Saturday 3 November, Rosehill Gardens
• Spring Racing on The Agency Melbourne Cup Day Race Meeting – Tuesday 6 November, Royal Randwick