Village Cinemas Australia
Need More Information?
Your big idea deserves the right venue and environment. There’s no better place to express your business dreams than at the home of movies - Village Cinemas. Embrace the cinema experience and inspire your audience with business presentations, private screenings and product launches that are a cut above the rest.
Every event includes your choice of food and beverages. Whatever your conference and business needs, we offer a unique approach to corporate functions. There is simply no better way to entertain clients, reward staff, or spice up an ordinary business meeting.
*For more information on menus, beverage packages and experience enhancers please find document attached.
*Tickets are valid 60 days from purchase date and are to be treated as a voucher for future use
*Prices and Offers Subject to Change
*Bookings must be made for entire cinema
Inclusions & Benefits
- Category: Village Cinemas Traditional and Gold Class Packages & Private Screenings
- ID: 100001957
- Product Types: Traditional Cinema
- Cinema: Fountain Gate
- State: Victoria
- Small Popcorn
- Soft Drink or Mt Franklin
- Choc Top
- Cocktail Experience Extras: 4 x Canapés per person, Bronze Beverage Service for 30 mins
- Dinner Experience Extras: 4 x Canapés per person, Main, Dessert, Silver Beverage Service for 1 hour
- Morning & Afternoon Tea/Lunch Experiences also available, including: Two Items from Set Menu, Fruit Platter & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Service
- *For more information on menus, beverage packages and experience enhancers please find document attached.
- *Tickets are valid 60 days from purchase date and are to be treated as a voucher for future use
- *Prices and Offers Subject to Change
- *Bookings must be made for entire cinema
Terms & Conditions
1. Auditorium Rental – The fee for auditorium rental will be based upon the period required, number of guests and overall catering requirements.
2. Function Cancellations - In the event of a function cancellation, the following terms are applicable:
- Within 60 days of the Event Date - the deposit is not refundable, but may be transferred once to an alternate date. In the event that the alternate date is cancelled, the deposit will be forfeited and any other applicable charges as listed below will be payable.
- Within 14 days of the Event Date - the cost quoted by Village Cinemas will be payable by the Hirer.
- If the booking is made within 14 days of the Event Date and the event is subsequently cancelled, the Hirer will be required to pay the cost of the function.
Regardless of cancellation notice, when a function is cancelled, any third party costs agreed to by the Hirer that are not refundable to Village Cinemas will be payable by the Hirer.
3. Film - Release dates are at the absolute discretion of the film distributor. Village Cinemas has no control over the release dates. The film release dates published by Village Cinemas are subject to change without prior notice. Village Cinemas is not liable for any loss or inconvenience whatsoever to you arising from the film distributor changing the film release dates. Village Cinemas will contact the Hirer in advance to notify the Hirer of any such change and to assist in selecting a suitable alternative film.
4. Hirer Content and Presentations - Any content for presentations or private film screenings where the content is provided by the Hirer (if applicable) is to be delivered to the Event Site 14 days prior to its screening of the event. Village Cinemas must be provided adequate time to test the quality of the presentation and the substance of the content. Village Cinemas will not be liable if the Hirer does not provide the content in the required timeframe. Only content in Digital Cinema Package (DCP) is able to be screened at Village Cinemas.
Film and Literature Classifications must be obtained by the Hirer if requested by Village Cinemas.
The Hirer will be responsible for all copyright and performing rights required to screen any content not sourced by Village Cinemas in one of Village Cinemas’ auditoriums.
Content or presentations which are not in the required format or which Village Cinemas deems to contain offensive or defamatory material, or which breaches or may breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, will not be permitted to be screened in a Village Cinemas’ auditorium.
5. Catering – Only Village Cinemas’ candy bar items or pre-ordered catering are to be consumed on the Village Cinemas premises. No other food or drinks are permitted unless agreed by Village Cinemas.
6. Final Details – All menus, beverage arrangements, entertainment, audio visual requirements, auditorium set ups, starting and finishing times must be confirmed in writing 14 days prior to the function.
Any signage, pamphlets, etc. (Additional Items) required for an event, must be confirmed with Village Cinemas at least 14 days prior to the event to organize delivery, storage and collection. No items are to be attached, pinned or glued to the wall surface of any pre-function, function room or auditorium. Signage in Cinema Public Areas are to be kept to a minimum and must be approved by Village Cinemas.
7. Delivery and Collection of Goods - Village Cinemas will only accept delivery of Additional Items 1 business day prior to the event and all Additional Items must be collected 1 business day after the event. Additional Items not collected in time may be destroyed.
8. Sale of Tickets – The Hirer must obtain the consent of Village Cinemas prior to selling tickets to the event.
9. Auditoriums, Cinema Foyer, Function Rooms - The Hirer agrees to begin the function and vacate the
designated function space at the agreed scheduled times. In the event a function goes beyond the agreed finishing time, Village Cinemas reserves the right to impose additional charges for each hour or part thereof, for which the event is extended.
10. Other functions - Village Cinemas reserves the right to book other screenings or functions in the same auditorium or function room finishing up to 30 minutes before the scheduled Event commencement time and commencing 30 minutes after the scheduled Event finishing time. Village Cinemas reserves the right to book public screenings or another function in adjoining auditoriums at the same time as the Event is being held.
11. Pre-Function Area - As the Pre-Function area is open plan and provides the access walkway to the auditoriums, it is not possible to exclusively book the pre-function area. Flow spaces must be left clear for ease of movement of all patrons. Any speeches, presentations or related activities are to be conducted within the hired cinema auditorium and within the hire period, unless otherwise agreed with Village Cinemas. The cinema foyer area is to be available to all public cinema patrons.
12. Guaranteed Numbers - Are required 14 business days prior to the function and charges will be based on guaranteed numbers or final head count, whichever is greater. For all auditorium bookings (including both Gold Class, Europa and Traditional) where members of the general public are excluded, all of the seats in that auditorium must be booked and paid for. Where final confirmed numbers are less than the capacity of the booked auditorium, tickets will still be charged for all seats in that auditorium, and catering will be charged for the guaranteed numbers or final head count (whichever is greater).
13. Payment - All function accounts are to be paid for in full prior to the event unless alternative arrangements have been made with Village Cinemas.
14. Prices - Will be confirmed in writing along with final function details.
15. Security - Village Cinemas will not accept responsibility for the loss or damage to any Additional Items, equipment or merchandise brought to Village Cinemas by or on behalf of the Hirer or its guests and which is on the premises prior to, during, or after the function.
16. Additional Charges - Upon request by the Hirer, additional food and beverages may be provided at the Event. If any Additional Charges are incurred during the event, final payment must be made at the conclusion of the event by cash, credit card or EFT.
17. Goods and Services Tax - All pricing relating to food and service are inclusive of any goods and services tax.
18. Outside Contractors - For all exhibitions and stage set ups produced by outside contractors, plans must be approved by Village Cinemas 14 days prior to the event. The outside contractors must contact Village Cinemas to adhere to all guidelines provided.
19. Compliance - Hirer will be responsible to ensure the orderly behaviour of its guests and Village Cinemas reserves the right to intervene where it is deemed appropriate. Village Cinemas’ staff may patrol the auditorium and are empowered to enforce cinema policy and crowd control measures. Trade regulations, including Workplace Health and Safety Laws, and Responsible Service of Alcohol are to be observed and respected by the Hirer.
20. Cleaning – The Hirer will be responsible for any cleaning charges if the auditorium is left in a condition where Village Cinemas require additional cleaning resources to be used.
21. Damages- The Hirer will be responsible for any damage sustained to Village Cinemas’ property during the event and will be charged for any repairs, labour or replacement as deemed necessary if damage is caused by the Hirer’s servants, guests, patrons, members, third party contractors and invitees.
22. Indemnity - The Hirer shall at all times indemnify Village Cinemas, it’s directors and employees, in respect of any liability, claim or proceeding arising in respect of personal injury to or the death of any person or arising in respect of any loss, damage or loss of use of property (except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded) resulting from the event or from the Hirer’s servants, guests, patrons, members, third party contractors and invitees attending the event, except to the extent of contribution of any negligent act or omission of Village Cinemas.
25. Force Majeure - Should any act of God such as earthquake, fire, flood, civil disturbance or industrial action prevent either the Hirer or the Cinema from carrying out their obligations under this agreement, neither the Hirer nor the Cinema shall be liable for the non - performance under this Agreement. In the event the Hirer cancels for reasons of Force Majeure all deposits will be refunded except the initial deposit. If the Cinema cancels the Agreement due to Force Majeure all deposits will be refunded.
This company will not accept responsibility for disruption to viewing caused by climate, electrical surge, evacuation and / or emergency procedures. The event will resume as soon as possible.