A Taste of Melbourne is the perfect way to explore Melbourne on a private tasting tour. Our tours are led by local food experts who will get you up to speed on local food scene.
By the conclusion of this tour you will understand why Melbourne is the undisputed foodie capital of Australia.
Cost $450 for 2 pax; Minimum 2 guests; $100 per extra person - Contact us for a tailored quote on smaller or larger private bookings.
Note - This private tour is available on a daily basis and can be booked at a time to suit guests. Includes an expert local food guide and all tastings as listed.
Note – Queen Victoria Market is open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On Monday and Wednesday, we replace the market with a glass of wine and snacks at a classic Melbourne cocktail bar.
This event is held in Melbourne’s CBD and runs for approximately 4 hours. We recommend guests wear comfortable shoes and dress according to the weather.
Type: Private Food Tasting Tour
Experiences: Private Events
- Begin at the Queen Victoria Market, the jewel in the crown of this food-lovers city.
- Visit the meat and seafood hall, explore the stunning deli hall and be guided through aisle after aisle of fresh, seasonal produce.
- Go to the renowned Books for Cooks store, Melbourne’s best place to find new and old books about wine, food and the culinary arts.
- Enjoy perfectly made coffee, delicious Greek dips, freshly opened oysters and warm-from-the-oven Turkish pastries, delicious Greek dips, freshly opened oysters and warm-from-the-oven Turkish pastries.
- Enjoy stunning handmade chocolates at the Ganache Chocolate Salon
- Visit the Gewürzhaus spice store to learn about native Australian ingredients
- Plus, tastings of regional Victorian honey and nougat.
- See Spring Street Grocer for a visit to an underground cheese room, followed by the best seasonal artisan-made gelato at Villa Primavera.